Welcome. My first blog entry and I realize I am suffering from writer's block. Maybe I should have thought about that eariler. At least creating this blog kept me from spending money on camera equipment and going out to eat.
The Scotch eggs I had for breakfast are still hanging with me anyway. Breakfast in a ball. Perfectly portable pork and poultry protein packages. I had never heard of them until two days ago. Then I was bombarded with info about them. I saw them on a friend's Facebook page, saw them on the internet, discussed how to make them and then a coworker showed up and had two of them in his lunchbox. I went from having never heard of Scotch eggs to having two of these breakfast balls sitting within eating distance of me. All within a 20 minute time span.Where have they been hiding? Where have I been hiding? What other fabulous fare am I missing?
They looked so good, I had to make my own. The ground pork sausage from the grocery store in Linton was perfect.
When I read an item on a menu and ask myself "What in the world is that?", I will remember these words from my mom and dad, "Don't miss the boat!", and I will order it.
Scotch egg
No comments:
Post a Comment