Friday, January 28, 2011

Calling all arachnologists.

Its not February 2nd and this isn't a groundhog. Its January 28th and this is a spider. A spider outside and in the snow. The weather is sunny, windy and the temperature is about 37 degrees F. I stepped outside and looked down to shield my eyes from the sun shining off the three feet of snow on the ground, and saw this 8-legged critter. Its January. What is this guy going to find to eat? I haven't seen a robin in a few months, groundhogs are still hibernating, and this insect is out snowshoeing. Maybe spring will come early. Maybe we were looking in the wrong place for the signal of springs arrival.

1 comment:

  1. My spider! You found my spider! Kidding, That is about as weird as last year when I went outside and there were 50+ robins up in my tree and it was -20 actual temp. The world its a changin

    ReplyDelete